I am doing CalTPA. For TPA #3 my task is Assessing Learning. It assesses my ability to identify the link between students’ learning needs and their characteristics to:
- plans student assessment activities based on the learning goals
- administers student assessments to evaluate student learning
- adapts the assessments for English learners and for students with other instructional challenges*
- analyzes and uses assessment results to plan instruction
- reflects on assessment implementation and the connection to student learning
*Focus students must be different than those used on Differentiating Instruction task. (I plan to use different classes for each of my tasks.)
Students must complete the honor code, task form, attach a copy of the assessment, attach a copy of the scoring rubric or scoring scale for the assessment, attach copy of specific students’ work submit both and wait “7-10 days” for scoring.
Before starting, check out the TPA Handbook on this task to get an idea what you are about to tackle. I will admit, normally I am a get in there and try it all out for myself first and refer to guides at the end kind of gal. Bad idea. I did that on TPA #1, I got started on a few answers and then looked after, I ended up going back for major edits. Save yourself some time and frustration, read first then start the actual task.
Side Note: I submitted my TPA #1 on 11/23/16 at 10:30pm and received my score on 12/5/16 at 2:06pm. The Thanksgiving holiday may have contributed to the long wait time or perhaps they were flooded with submissions right then. I would say take the 7-10 days with a grain of salt, but if you haven’t gotten a reply in 15 days, contact your credential program and start asking questions.